- Should we stop believing Malcolm Gladwell?
Why, yes, yes we should.
(see also: The pseudo-profundity of Malcolm Gladwell)
- I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - what is the "that" that he won't do? A redditor explains.
- The Philosopher's Annual: a pick of 12 best articles in philosophy every year.
"In analytic philosophy" would be more accurate.
- Psychologists deem Freud's psychoanalytic theories to be outdated, so why do literary scholars still use them?
Some insightful remarks in the discussion, e.g. "The lingering importance of psychoanalysis: lots of little stuff, but the big one is talk therapy. The notion that using language might help a person to overcome a mental disease was just astonishingly weird, pre-Freud."
- @HardSciFiMovies - a very funny Twitter account.
"A spider is irradiated by a particle accelerator at a science exhibit, and bites one of the students. The student is given a Band-Aid."
"A scientist is trapped on an alien mothership with nothing but his Apple Powerbook. He is unable to connect to the alien computer system."
"A scientist develops a revolutionary new compound capable of curing cancer, of one type, in about 50% of the early-stage patients."
- Virgins that are 40 years old or older, what is life like?
One the more interesting recent AskReddits. Many stories, of different kinds, not only from >40 year olds.
(да, я тоже эту вспомнил)