Это цинично и в целом верно - такой режим работы действительно помогает идти вверх по служебной лестнице в больших софтверных компаниях:
Career Driven Development Manifesto
Main principles of effective software development in a big company.
- Know people who really make decisions about your promotion. It’s not necessary your immediate manager or even your skip manager.
- Do whatever it takes to work only on projects and features that are visible and valuable to people from point 1.
- If it just works, it’s good enough. Don’t waste time on processes, design docs, tooling improvements, new technologies, refactorings, unit tests. These things never get you promoted.
- You don’t really need a feature to work, all you need is to make people think it works.
- Don’t let anyone shadow you. Represent your work on any level you can reach.