||[дек. 13, 2018|12:53 pm]
Забавная тема на реддите: что звучит как комплимент, а на самом деле им не является?
Некоторые удачные примеры (все по-английски, сорри):
- When people with a puzzled look on their face compliment me on how pretty my wife is.
- A male friend of my sister once told her, " You know, if you had half a brain you'd be dangerous."
- You so beautiful that you could be a part time model.
- “You are such an adventurous dresser! I wish I was brave like that!”
- “It’s impossible to underestimate you.”
- Good thing you are pretty.
- Something about being on top of the Bell-curve.
- "if you do your best and really reach your full potential, I think you might be able to reach the top of the bell curve"
- "It is so nice you can focus on your newborn and not worry about what your house looks like."
- "I love that you don't care what people think of you."
- "Wow, that was...something!" "You really did your thing!" "That was so... you."
- I love what you tried to do with your hair!
- As a director of high school theatre, if a parent says “it looks like everyone on stage had a good time” it means “no one in the audience enjoy this show”
- I had a woman at my last high school reunion tell me: "Omigosh, I can't believe it's you! You're so handsome now!"
- "Yours is perfect, I don't like them big anyway!"
- At work, whenever anyone does anything nice for me, I'll always hit them with "Aww, thanks! You know, it's not true what people say about you. You're alright."